New Fave Fabric & My Dining room

8.07.2011

I have a new favorite fabric, and I plan to use it as panels in my dining room. It’s in the Collier Campbell Collection from Fabricut.  I first saw it at Forsyth Fabrics.

2011-07-19_15-08-08_606

I painted the top half of my dining room Sherwin Williams Rainstorm.  It’s a dark indigo blue and I love it.  Since my home was built in the 50’s it had the typical wood paneling.  It was only about 4 feet high though.  I decided to paint it White Dove from Benjamin Moore.  The blue on the upper part of the wall blends perfectly with the blue in the bird on the fabric.

F0AA1EF9DF4013057E865539180F88FC_sherwin-williams - rainstorm - sw6230_14674_detail

Currently the only room in the house that is totally finished is the nursery, so it will be really nice to have another room completed.  We have to get the panels made, 4 dining chairs and a few more pieces of art.  Then we will be done and I’ll post pictures.  Here is the idea board that I created for the space though.  This give you and me a good idea of what it will look like when it’s done.

Dining Room

11 comments:

  1. Your selections are beautiful, Cristi! I'm glad I'm not the only one in the baby steps club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristi...I saw that fabric the other day at Forsyths also and was struck by the beautiful colors....think it will look great as panels in your new DR. Love the board....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! That is such a great blue. I'd love that in a library too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabrics with many colors have much more depth than those with just a couple. Great fabric to start with, with so many possibilities I love the direction that you have taken. It looks like a great place to sit and have dinner with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see how it turns out, you talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your choices. The farmhouse table is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blue color you used, and all the natural elements look so lovely together. Oh, and I almost left out my favorite part: that amazing fabric! LOVE!!

    xox Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dining room is going to be beautiful! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a great blue .. your selection are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have had great success using fabrics as an alternative to paints and pictures when trying to spice up a room or item. When hung on walls it often reminds me of large rug murals i've seen on my travels through Europe that hang from walls. Not sure how to put it into words, but they somehow make an area seem bigger... or cozier. Its just great when it all comes together, for me its preferable over regular framed pictures.

    Discount Fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very gorgeous selections you got here. You surely had an eye for beauty. I'll share this site at interior designs.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments. Thanks for leaving one. xo, Cristi

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger