Chase’s Nursery–The Reveal

5.27.2011

It’s been a long time coming, but I finally have pictures of Chase’s nursery.  And, it’s completed just in time for him to get here.  Hopefully he will come sometime over the weekend.  If not, I’m definitely being induced on Wednesday.  I didn’t really mention it on the blog, but this pregnancy has definitely had it’s ups and downs.  We had two preterm labor scares back in January.  It all turned out okay, but it really threw us for a loop while it was happening.  Since January I’ve had more contractions than most women have while delivering 5 children.  The closer to his due date that we get the more contractions I have.  The doctors were sure he was going to come early, but he’s already decided to show everyone, especially me, whose boss.  Now he’s full-term and we can’t wait for him to get here so that we can see his sweet face.

Enough of the mushy stuff.  Onto his room and the details.  In case you just started reading my blog or just missed my original idea board for his nursery here it is.  I had to sacrifice a few of the design elements due to the price but I feel like overall I created the nursery that I had originally envisioned.

Chase copy

When I figured out that the West Elm rug I originally wanted was going to break our budget I opted for my own DIY verson.  For the ottoman, I reupholstered the infamous leopard-printed x-bench in a chevron print.

Chase Nursery 1

I originally purchased a vintage piece similar to the one on the inspiration board for his dresser/changing table.  Once we moved I decided that the vintage piece was going to look a lot better as a buffet in our new dining room, so I opted for the white Malm from Ikea.

Chase Nursery 2

Chase Nursery 3

I never intended to use the Serena & Lily glider that was on the inspiration board but I wanted to find one similar to have slipcovered.  After looking and looking on Craigslist I had almost given up on ever finding one that was the style I wanted and within my price range.  Then sweet Angela from The Painted House emailed me to let me know that she wanted to sell the glider she had used with all three of her children.  I was so excited, especially when I saw how pretty the form was.  It was just what I was looking for.  It’s also extremely comfy.  Here is the before shot.

chair

I used a prewashed ivory linen for the slipcover so that I could easily throw it in the wash and clorox it.

Chase Nursery 95

Chase Nursery 4

Chase Nursery 5

This bird mobile was the very first thing that I bought for the nursery.  I actually bought it about 7 months before I was even pregnant.  It was on sale for $19.99 at Sundance.  I knew I would use it whether I had a girl or a boy. 

Chase Nursery 7

The gallery wall consists of art from Etsy as well as 2 pieces that Billy made when he was a little boy.  The little painted swallow was gifted to me from a dear artist friend, and I actually won the abstract canvas during one of Angela’s giveaway about a year and a half ago.  That piece has been so many places in our home and it ended up working so perfectly on Chase’s gallery wall.

Chase Nursery 6

Here is one of my favorite accessories in his room.  My cousin gave me these adorable mugs that spell out his name.  I just love them.

Chase Nursery 9

Chase Nursery 8

The hanging ceramic bird houses are from West Elm

Chase Nursery 91

Scored the cute lamp at Homegoods.

Chase Nursery 92

Chase Nursery 94

Thanks to a suggestion from one of my awesome readers I was able to get the fabric that I really wanted for his crib skirt and pillow at an unbelievable deal on Mary Jo’s Cloth Store.  I couldn’t believe it, but on this site it was less expensive than my designer pricing.

Chase Nursery 93

And there you have it.  A full tour of Chase’s nursery.  I’ll probably be MIA for the next few weeks.  I’ll try to post pictures of Chase as soon as I can after he is born.  I’m sure I’ll have my hands full for those first few weeks though. 

I hope you all have a Happy and Fun-filled Memorial Day!

Info and Sources: 

- Overhead pendant light – Ikea Boja Pendant Lamp

- Wall paint – Sherwin Williams Rainwashed

- Stuffed owl – Pier One

- Curtains – Ikea Aina with custom banding added

 

51 comments:

  1. Oh-Em-Geez! This is adorable! I love the drapes and my favorite thing would have to be the mugs too! Chase has got it going on! Good luck on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky little guy - it's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love! not at all surprised at how great the nursery looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Advance congratulations to you and Billy! Absolutely love the little bird houses opposite the birds on the mobile. And including pics that he created as a child is both creative & precious.

    Can't wait to see the pictures. Fingers crossed & good luck for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING! I am jealous as hell! I want this to be MY room!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love all the colors and how the patterns all work together. Chase is one lucky little guy :) Good luck and wishing you the best first weeks with your new bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, it turned out lovely!

    fingers crossed for a smooth delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE! Good luck this weekend...or Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful. Good luck Cristi and Billy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous! What a lucky kid!

    Congratulations, good luck, and happy labor day!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cheerful and beautiful, Cristi! You should be so proud of yourself for accomplishing all this with a late pregnancy move and so many contractions!!! Don't stand in the way of a determined design mama, that's for sure! Ha!

    Oh my goodness, I almost started crying seeing the picture of my first son's nursery...he turns 8 next month! Time flies. I wish you as many precious moments with Chase in that chair as I had with my three. So many heavenly moments. Okay, I'm really crying now.

    Here's to hoping you have yourself a baby in your arms by the end of the weekend! Thanks for the tour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've done such a wonderful job with the nursery. What an exciting time - it takes me back to right before my daughter was born. You'll have many many precious moments to look forward to in the nursery. Hope all goes well with your delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks beautiful Cristi! I hope you have an easy delivery and Chase arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it Christ! The colors and all of the special touches you did. I hope you have a great delivery, I know we can't wait to meet Chase! I can't imagine what it is like waiting like this. Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great! Glad you were able to get that fabric from Mary Jo's! I love the colors you used in the room! Courteney

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it so, Cristi! It is so special that you have used so many sentimental touches. Truly a wonderful space for Chase to come home to. You will spend so much time in this room and you all will be so happy there!

    I wish you much luck with the delivery!

    Lori
    www.lorimayinteriors.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Nuff said!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow that is one beautiful nursery fit for a magazine spread!! And that Chase is one lucky little man! Just gorgeous......love it, the colors and just the right amount of print and color...really gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lucky little boy. This nursery is fabulous. Love all of the colors and the wonderful picture wall!! Can't wait to see your precious Chase!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! Beautiful. Hope your delivery is smooth, safe and healthy. Sending you good labor and delivery vibes :)

    If you get time, I'd love to know where you found the overhead light. I'm looking for something like that for our laundry room!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Every little detail is perfect. It's gorgeous...can't wait to see little Mister Chase either! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is one perfect nursery! No doubt you and Chase will love it.

    congratulations on your little peanut!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A lot of good stuff going on in here. I am really feeling the orange and white.



    Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, it is beautiful! Please share with us the paint swatch info... please? =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore this nursery as much as I adore the name "Chase" and the color orange. It's absoluetly perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Billy HolcombeMay 31, 2011 12:25 PM

    Just an update...Cristi had our sweet baby boy, William "Chase" Holcombe, this past Saturday, May 28th. He was born 7 lbs, 1 oz and is perfectly healthy. Cristi is doing wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cute! I used similar colors on my newborn's nursery a couple of months ago, too! Could you send info on the grey stuffed owl when you get a chance? I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful details!
    Charmed by the color combo as well, Cristi!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just saw Billy's post - Congrats! Hope all was smooth and that you are falling in love more every minute. Rest and recover - there is so much fun to be had, now!

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh my gosh! it's soooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuute cristi!!! hope you had your bebe yesterday, and good luck with the first few days!! (and weeks)... :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. It looks amazing! What a lucky little boy he is!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. love everything you did! thanks for the inspiration and the sources!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations:) Can you share how you made/where you bought the curtains? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is one oft he most amazing nurseries i have seen... it is adorable!!! I have a website about royalbambino.We offer a complete array of nursery furniture, nursery gliders, nursery bedding products.

    Visit for more information on Nursery Glider

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats on your baby boy. Beautiful room. What color paint is on the walls?

    ReplyDelete
  36. It is beautiful! I love the colors. And that rug is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. wow, i am impressed! i especially love the painted rug. i just found your blog today and have already added it to my google reader! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. What is the fabric you used for the crib skirt? The pattern and color are just what I've been looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Is that a stenciled rug on the second picture. It looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  40. so pretty. I love this. find more Glider Sets here on nursery gliders

    ReplyDelete
  41. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am in love with your nursery - so beautiful. I'm also so impressed with your DIY projects! Can you tell me what fabric you used for the bumper pad? Thanks!...& a delayed "congrats!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used a linen that I purchased at Forsyth Fabrics in Atlanta. I don't recall the name of the color but the linen itself is called shannon linen. I washed it prior to having it made because I wanted the worn look.

      Delete
  43. Cristi - I have been admiring this nursery for so long and I'm finally getting to decorate my own! I have a very practical question - does the changing mat on the malm dresser work or did you have to switch to something that secures down to the dresser? Before I copy your design ;-) I wanted to see if you made any adjustments for practicality. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked out perfectly and we are still using it. Chase will be 2 at the end of the month. I still love his nursery and so does he. Thanks!

      Delete
  44. Hello! I absolutely love the design of this nursery and had been admiring it for many months before finding out that we are expecting our second. I was wondering if you could tell me what color paint (if different from the Rainwashed on the walls) you used on the ceiling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please tell us what color pait is that?

      Delete
  45. Hi, I adore the blanket on the rocking chair with the geometric pattern, where did you find this fabric, I have searched the internet and local stores! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  46. We are decorating our nursery off of yours! We love it but are not DIY'ers. Hopefully we can find similar pieces! Do you think a beige or grey chair will throw off the room? IKEA here we come.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments. Thanks for leaving one. xo, Cristi

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger