So bummed

2.01.2011

urban outfittersWell, the sunshine medallion panels that I was so anxiously waiting for came in yesterday.  I’m terribly disappointed.  The print looks nothing like it does in the picture online.  If you take the print shown in this picture and pretend to use highlighter pens in place of the colors that’s pretty much what it looks like.  The colors are so unbelievably bright.  They look pretty muted in the picture but are very neon in real life, especially the orange [which looks like a spiced red in the photo].

Here’s the problem, I fell so in love with what I thought this fabric would look like.  Now I have my heart set on something just like it for the nursery.  I don’t think I can go back to my original plan.  So, as of now, I’m on a mission to find something similar. 

For those of you who said you had bookmarked it and were thinking of getting it yourself…BUYER BEWARE.  I guess the positive side is that the panels I purchased can be returned.  Oh the joys of online shopping.

12 comments:

  1. Oh no! UGH! I can't wait until technology catches up and all the colors on our monitors are true to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the convenience of the internet, but hate the uncertaintly. Even though it didnt work out, you at least discovered a whole new idea that I bet will be even better than your orginal idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad for you! That fabric looks so fabulous on line, I was so excited about the reveal of the nursery with this fabric! But, I know you will find something just as fab! M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame. Take a look at Richloom's Cornwall fabric in spice. Great orange and the background is actually more of a soft ivory linen like your website background! Not as sophisticated as the pattern above,and no charcoal gray, but playful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a huge let down!!! it looks so pretty in your last post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like I've seen patterns like your curtains w/ the colors you like at World Market. May want to check there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer!! Don't you hate that? I hope you find something even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang photoshop!

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooo sorry, Cristi! I feel poorly for you! I wish it were not so!!! :_(

    But these things happen rarely, on a purely selfish note, I LOVE MY NEW PILLOWS! They look exactly as you photographed them - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sucks! You would think that they would portray the pieces as accurately as possible to avoid excessive returns. Womp womp

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops, correction, I meant these things happens often, not rarely, to me, but not with the pillows you sent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought these yesterday and am anxiously awaiting their arrival--so I did a google search using their name and "blog" to see if any other bloggers wrote about these curtains...so that's how I got here and I'm starting to freak out! I hope I like them... but I'm nervous! At least they have free returns.... ; )

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments. Thanks for leaving one. xo, Cristi

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger